Wednesday 14 September 2011

My first day of work experience at Blue Eyed Soul

My name is Charlotte Evans i am 15 years of age and this is how my first day of work experience at Blue Eyed Soul Dance Company went. When I first arrived at Blue Eyed Soul I was introduced to the members of staff who work within the company by Rachel Liggitt as I had previously met with her before my fist day of work experience. All members of staff were very friendly and helpfull which gave me a boost of confidence with working along side then as to start with I was a bit nervous. Rachel Liggitt then gave me a tour around The Lantern where Blue Eyed Soul's office is based. I then started some admin work for the company as there is a lot of it. Rachel asked me if I wanted to sit in on a company meeting, I gained loads of usefull information about what goes into the company behind the scenes (lots of hard work and organisation). I then carried on with the admin work i had started. When i had finally finished Me and Rachel Liggitt went to a primary school where she led a small dance workshop for a few of the children there. All of the children were really sweet and creative I also enjoyed taking part in this workshop. It was a really good experience seeing how Rachel teaches and get the children involved with the dance.

No comments:

Post a Comment