Wednesday 30 March 2011

miriam's last week!! boooooooo hoooooooo!!!

I have been dancing, facilitating and choreographing for seventeen years now and the large majority of my projects are with people new to dance, or at least most of the members of the group are new to dance. This is often a result of the trials of funding exploratory dance projects, alongside other beautiful art projects.

I have been blessed these last three months with the gift of working with dancers, where the majority have danced with, performed with, and some have even taught with Blue Eyed Soul Dance Company for at least ten years- I am not even sure how many! It might even be longer than I have been working for myself!!!

Below is a beautiful film of what happens when dancers are supported to work with each other over a prolonged period of time!!

This dance was improvised, an exploration during the Contact Group. As you will see... they communicate with each other in a split second. They choreograph instantaneously communicating without words, negotiating without votes.

Yes it's been a precious gift, and I am happy to share it with you....





The next video is the Contact Group's live per-formative evaluation of the ten week term just gone...... (starting off with our one week only special guest!! the group is just for adults really!)




Thankyou for having me! I hope to come back again soon :-)

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Miriam, It's been a joy to have you back working with us in both youth and adult dance.

    Contact have flourished under your care and I know our loyal and new participants have got a huge amount out of the sessions. Malaika is hopeful she can join them once she's 16!

    We hope to have you back with us for more future exciting projects.

    ReplyDelete