Wednesday 5 May 2010

Post Project Reflections

Phew...the project is now over!!

Over the course of the weekend I have had time to sit back and reflect on the project at Merstone School. It was so lovely to witness the buzz of excitment and sense of achievment from all the pupils and staff involved. I see the project as if Miriam and I were the stones gently dropped into the pond and starting a gentle but awe inspiring ripple effect which reached all three schools.

Even though I have probably reached doubled figures in the amount of schools residencies I have co-led on, the hand on head/what shall we do challenges still face us. It ALWAYS seems worth it in the end as we sit back fighting tears of joy as the participants perform so beautifully.

Talking to support staff throughout the week we were constantly told how much participants are gainning from the week and how much the staff wish they could continue to work in this way on a regular basis.

As I sat looking through photographs of the project all the memories came flooding back. It is quite overwhelming to consider the magnitude of achievment for people.

I really hope we can visit again very soon. This project will stay with me for a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment