Thursday 22 October 2009

Patua Dance final show

Last Satuarday saw the final phase of this project with a workshop and performance at Powys Dance Centre in Llandrindod Wells.

The workshop was held for a group of 20 adults from a local day centre and other local dancers.
Before this workshop could even take place I had an epic journey to get there. When I arrived it became obvious there were no taxi's to take me to the venue. I began to push myself as I thought it was not far to go, I was very wrong...I had to push myself about three miles uphill and when I arrived I was told I was in the wrong venue. After a phone call and a lift from a member of staff I finally arrived in the correct place.

The workshop was great fun we explored tasks we used in the piece. This proved to be a great interest bringing in more people to the performance which took place shortly afterwards. I was paired up with a lovely young woman called Sarah,we had great fun improvising together.

We only had about an hour between the end of the workshop and the show. The venue technician was new and had a very hard time learning all our lighting and music cues. This was quite stressful for us all. Consequently we had a few problems throughout the show but I feel I dealt with them very professionally. It was really nice performing in such a small intimate venue.

I feel I learned a great deal about the different ways Choreographers work in the studio and about what it takes to deliver such a large project.

I am particularly pleased with all the photos taken of the show. I will look at them with found memories in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment