Thursday 23 April 2009

Rehearsals so far....

Now that the initial taster sessions are over rehearsals are really taking shape.

So far i have created solo material based on my memories of injuries to parts of my body along with the idea of having similar physical trates to other members of your family eg, markings, hair colour voice etc.

Other material I have created has come from memories of being in places special to me. I wrote a short story of summer walks in the stiperstones with my sunday school group. Whilst doing a task in rehearsals i told a story of being in a certain place and eating Prawn Cocoktail crisps - to my delight during the next reheasal session one of the other dancers gave me a gift of packets of these crisps wrapped up in beautiful ribbons...how sweet!!.

During rehearsal I have also begun to create a duet and a trio which I am really enjoying. All the cast are lovely and I'm enjoying being with everyone. For the next session I am taking with me a newspaper given to me by a neighbour. It is a paper produced every three months showing photographs and telling stories about people all over the county dating back to the early 1900's right up to five or ten years ago. Whilst reading it I discovered a photo of my Grandads Brother dated in the 1930's. Since starting this project I have become really interested in my family history and I am loving working in the studio.

No comments:

Post a Comment