Thursday 30 April 2009

Rehearsals in full flow

Phew!!! The last two rehearsals have been very exciting. We have now put together various solo duet and small group material into an order which creates the start of the piece so its really taking shape. This was all very exciting - as we were working I was getting ideas for the connections between different parts of the material. I began to work with three of the dancers on some new material which is proving to be quite challenging as it involves me transfering in or out of my wheelchair. All of these challenges are part of the process so I am very confident it will all work out fine...fingers crossed. I am delighted that Rachel has chosen some of my writing as an idea for some material.

Today Rachel and I rehearsed Where the Wind Blows as we are performing it twice and teaching two workshops in a school on Friday. It was very funny as we only had the far end of our office to rehearse in. We had a good time and I feel ready to perform it tomorrow. We will have Claire with us who will step into Rachel's shoes to perform it with me when she goes onto Maternity leave. I am very excied to show her the piece and begin re working it with her....Good luck Claire!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment