Tuesday 5 July 2011

Merestone School Residency Evaluation

Drawing from previous residencies held at Merestone School, I entered into the week with enthusiasm and an expectation of being part of something really special. In addition i also felt very reflective due to the fact I would be co-leading on the project with Ray Jacobs.Ray was my mentor at Blue Eyed Soul in the early years.

The participants came from Merestone and Forset Oak Special School and Smithswood Secondary School housed next door to the other two schools.

We chose to follow the theme of the Olympic games and its values and ethos. Its funny how that ethos was present throughout the process with the integration aspect working smothly without it being made into a major issue. The level of understanding of what the group nedded from staff was amazing which in tern really helped Ray and I focuss on delivering enjoyable sessions, and creating a beautiful performance piece. I felt that this residency allowed me to explore creative ideas and get them across into the piece and I noticed a new confidence in myself throughout the week. This initially was a concern for me as the project was my first residency after being off Ill for 7 months.To say i felt a bit rusty was an understatement. However once inside the 'bubble' of the week things seemed to really flow for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment