Wednesday 23 June 2010

On reflection.............

Following Monday's night performance of 'Competitive Me' I was left with one of the most restless nights sleep since the first few weeks following my son's birth! On reflection my bad sleep was because I was very,very,very excited. Something magic happened. On first meeting Merv & Nick (over 4 years ago) I had witnessed the competitive nature of their relationship........what could be more blindingly obvious, massively attractive and 'juicy' as putting these two men together in a studio, in a gym setting, drop in a few seeds to get the process going and off they go - making a dance piece about the desire to take center stage and be the 'best you could possibly be'. Community dance always refers to the dancer 'owning their work' - 'owning the dance'. I genuinely feel they 'owned it' all the way...............................every studio process is unique, distinct, particular but this pushed all three of us in a new direction and we all said it felt great.

No comments:

Post a Comment