Thursday 24 September 2009

Performing in Cardiff - Patua Dance Project

I am very excited to be preparing to participate in a project in Cardiff.

Over the next two weeks as part of my professional development I will be working with the Artistic Director of Patua Dance and 3 other dancers to create a piece. This project is an inclusive dance project - the name of the show being Paisagem or Memory Landscape. Myself and three other dancers who have never worked together before will be put through our paces and will be exploring ideas about the human lanscape. We will be based at Chapter Arts Centre in Cardiff whilst creating the piece, and will be performing there on Friday 9th and Saturday 10th October. We will also be performing at Powys Dance in Llandrindod Wells at the end of the month. I am excited about performing at Chapter again as I performed there with Blue Eyed Soul in the very early days of the Company.

It is going to be very exciting for me to be working with other dancers but also to have the opportunity to dance, which is what I love the most in my work. I am looking forward to learning skills and ideas from the others as well as passing on some of my experience to them too. I will be keeping a diary whilst I am away and will keep you all up to date with my progression.

WISH ME LUCK !!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment