Saturday 16 May 2009

The week that flew by


End of the first week and I have a book full of scribbled notes and a head full of images, ideas, challenges and questions.
Thanks to the dancers Rose, Jess and Eleni who brought so much creativity, daring and skill. I think they make a really good trio, complementing each other beautifully, bringing a different movement quality and approach to the work.
Ben has rigged, de-rigged and re-rigged, made sure we were all safe and made the best Banoffee pie ever.
Linsey Butcher came to the week as mentor and support for me. She provided that and so much more, I love her generosity and the balance struck between fun and total professional expertese. An awsome woman, dancer, aerialist, teacher, skydiver...
So I have lots to do in preparation for the next rehearsal phase in June: new venue to find with more height, accommodation for the dancers, costumes, sound score, equipment etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment